So what’s it like to actually deploy tablets in your classroom? The folks over at Online Universities developed a quick but informative infographic (aren’t they all) that’s great for any teacher looking to learn more about tablets and teaching.
- Most teachers use tablets to ‘bring textbooks to life’ and because it’s ‘a familiar experience’ since students have been using smartphones for quite awhile.
- Teachers and students love them as an alternative to books, the access to apps, and for the other usual reasons.
- About half of all tablet owners say they’ll be buying another tablet in the next 6 months.
- Roughly 3 out of every 4 students surveyed say the tablet helps them learn.
- 90% of college and high school students say the tablets are important for both learning and personal advancement.